HomeStudent InfoHealth Services

Health Services




NES Physical Form 2017-18

Physician's Request for the Administration of Medication

Parent's Permission to Administer Medication

General Information about the SAU 16 school nurses:


The school nurses at SAU16 would like to welcome all students and parents to visit the health offices. All nurses in the district are registered nurses licensed in the State of N.H. and practice under the standards of care set up by the State of N.H. Board of Nursing. Locally we work under the direction of our school paediatrician, Dr. Kristen Johnson, M.D. (standing orders are available for viewing in the school's health office upon request). Our goal in the health office is to assess, protect and promote a healthy environment for all students. To ensure a healthy environment we will dismiss ill students (to parents / guardians), who compromise their own health or the health of the school population. When necessary we make referrals to other medical providers. The health office staff will provide basic first aid and care for minor illnesses. If you have any questions or would like further information about the policies and functions of the school health offices not contained on the website, please feel free to call or visit your child’s school nurse anytime. We are always happy to meet with parents or guardians in person. 

- Sincerely, The Nurses at SAU 16



Emergency Contact Information and Parent Communication:


It is important to remember to contact the school if there are any changes in parent contact information or the emergency contact people you have selected.   It is helpful to advise the nurse of changes in your child’s health status so that the best care decisions can be made while your child is at school. If your child has chronic health concerns keeping the nurse advised of your child’s needs is especially important to us.

For your child’s safety it is very important for us to know when your child is going to be absent. Please call in to the school by 8:40AM. There is a message machine for your convenience to place that call the night before or early in the morning. The state tracks influenza trends through the school nurses. Please let the school know when you call in absence if your child has respiratory symptoms and has a fever > 100F.




To provide for a safe and healthy environment, the school asks that parents/guardians keep children at home during the communicable phase of an illness. This includes but is not limited to :

  • 24 hrs following the start of an antibiotic for strep throat or bacterial conjunctivitis
  • 24 hrs following a fever of 101 or higher
  • 24 hrs after vomiting or diarrhea
  • Undiagnosed rashes
  • Severe cold symptoms (persistent cough, sneezing, excessive nasal drainage)




Over the Counter Medications

If your child requires a medication during the school day, it must be in its original packaging and brought in by an adult. It should be accompanied by a signed note from the parent detailing the name of the medication, the dose to be given and why, the time to give the dose or under what circumstances to give the medicine. Any medication allergies the child has should be listed.

Prescription Medications

Prescription medications should be in the original packaging with the child’s name on the prescription label. It should be brought in by an adult and be accompanied not only by a signed parent note detailed above but also by a doctor’s order with the same detailing regarding the administration of the medicine as is requested of the parent.

The medication administration forms may be printed off from the attached documents.


If your child is new to the school, a full updated copy of your child’s immunizations is required by the school before your child may begin school. When your child receives immunizations, the health office appreciates an updated copy for your child’s records.

Immunization requirements may be found at:

Physical Exam:

A report of a complete physical is required if your child is new to the school. For children who have attended other schools, a copy from the previous school’s record is considered acceptable. The health office welcomes an updated copy of a physical exam for your child’s health record to keep up with your child’s health needs. Most practitioners have their own form for printing up a physical exam, but you may use the attached Physical Exam Form.



 Informational Web Links:



SAU 16 provides immunization and physical requirements, medical requirements, forms and health news for all students.  Click here to get to the SAU 16 Health Service information.






Parent's Permission for Administration of Medication.pdf