About the Community
Newfields is a small village (less than seven square miles) located between Exeter and Newmarket. We like to refer to our town as "the small town with a big heart." Although we have grown considerably over the past 10 years, we have retained our small town charm with just under 1,800 residents. Our government is run by a three-person Board of Selectmen with a part-time administrator managing the day-to-day town business. Our school system is made up of the Newfields Elementary School for grades Kindergarten through Five. Our students then go on to the Cooperative Middle School and the Exeter Regional High School.
For More Information:
Athletics and Recreation
- YMCA Camp Lincoln: Provides camps and outdoor education programs available to students at NES.
- Newfields Youth Athletic Organization (NYAA): Runs all of the intramural sports for the town.
- Exeter Swim Team : A non-profit, competitive swimming team with age groups ranging from 8 and under through 19 years that accepts swimmers from all of the towns in SAU 16, including Newfields. The Exeter Swim Team's facilities are world-class, located at the Philips Exeter Academy in Exeter, NH.
Health and Wellness
- Change Direction: NH is the first state to to join. Site talks about the 5 common signs to watch out for in mental illness.
- D.A.R.E.: Newfields Elementary School hosts the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program taught by Newfields Police Officer Lampi. This program is offered to all 5th grade students.
- Newfields Town Library: The Paul Memorial Library is located at 76 Main Street. The collection includes: children's, young adult and adult books. The library also has a large collection of magazines and DVD's.
- Responsive Classroom® : The Responsive Classroom® is an approach to teaching and learning that fosters safe, challenging, and joyful classrooms and schools, kindergarten through eighth grade. Developed by classroom teachers, it consists of practical strategies for bringing together social and academic learning throughout the school day. Newfields Elementary School has implemented the Responsive Classroom techniques into day-to-day school life.
- New Hampshire Special Education: This is the state of New Hampshire's site describing the Special Education system in New Hampshire including documents, laws, rules and policies.
- New Hampshire Department of Education